What’s the Plan?
What follows is a broad overview of our plans for re-opening—better grab a cup of Joe! As with anything these days, our plans are subject to change as Mayor Bowser gives additional guidance. We’ll post updates here on our blog and drop hints on our social channels as well when that happens.
Preparing Our Gyms
Here’s what we’re already doing to make sure our facilities are safe and sanitary from day one:
- Deep-cleaning every corner of every gym.
- Adding signage to remind members to wear masks, clean equipment after use, and stay at least six feet from others at all times.
- Installing sanitation stations inside each facility.
- Ensuring members can maintain social distance by limiting access to the locker rooms, closing the pool at Foggy Bottom, and spacing out equipment throughout the facilities.
- Register for workouts in advance: Members are required to register in advance for 90-minute workout slots.
- A staff person will check members in and out to monitor the number of people in the facility at all times.
- Bring your own water: Only touch-free water fill stations will be open.
- Come dressed to work out: Locker rooms are limited to sinks and toilets only, so bring as little as possible with you.
- Fully-vaccinated people don’t have to wear a mask in Balance Gym. Non-vaccinated people are still encouraged to wear a mask.
- Look out for limited group fitness options: but we’ll have outdoor classes as the weather warms up!
- Commit to safety: All members will have to agree to abide by a COVID-19 Member Acknowledgement when they return to the gym.
All staff are being trained in our new cleaning protocols to ensure we are consistently providing a clean and sanitary environment.
- A cleaning crew will stay after hours to clean while the gym is closed.
- All clubs will have a sanitation center immediately upon entrance with access to purchase masks, sign in, and disinfect.
We’re also making sure our employees are safe and healthy when they show up to work.
- Employees will have temperature checks at the beginning of every shift. We will instruct employees not to report to work if they have symptoms and to return home and quarantine for 14 days if they experience symptoms.
- Fully-vaccinated employees may wear masks at their own discretion.
- Employees will clean all personal areas (desk space, laptop keyboards, etc.) and wash hands at every shift change and during the gap between workout slots.
If you’re not ready to come back…
Don’t worry! We will continue to run virtual programming.
We want to hear from you
We’d love to hear your feedback on our plans – please take our re-opening survey to let us know what you think!
Looking for more?
If you haven’t already, check out our Ask Balance Q&A series which covers everything from how to get motivated to building a yoga practice to how to maintain strength during quarantine. Active members can request access to our Facebook group or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.